Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Opinions wanted...

From the Canadian Better Business Bureau...

"Deposits
When you place a deposit on an item to have it held for you, a contract is formed between you and the seller. By making a deposit you are assured that the seller will hold the item for you; the seller is assured of a buyer. If you decide not to purchase the item, the seller is under no legal obligation to return the deposit to you. You may forfeit the deposit because the item could have been sold to someone else while you were making up your mind. If a salesperson claims that a deposit is refundable should you change your mind, ask for the claim in writing. Also, always leave as small a deposit as possible"

You welched (ie broke the deal). The seller owes you nothing. Not legally. I would even go so far as to say not morally and not ethically. Seems like a black and white issue to me in that it's clear who wronged whom. I've been on both sides of this. Can't fault the seller in this situation unless there are details you're leaving out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Opinions wanted... - Aimless1 18:33:49 03/23/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.