Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Biggest scumbag running an audio company?

I will not name any names,as I have an "agreement" with an audio designer and manufacturer.
The guy that I am talking about received money from me for a schematic for an amp that he designed,and despite pleading and threatening letters sent to him via snailmail across an 8 year period never sent the schematic which I had paid 224 for,or even bothered to reply to my letters.
Later,I saw his ads on the net and decided to force the issue.I sent him an email to the effect that if he did not send out the schematic within 10 days,I would make public many complaints against him by dissatisfied customers.At the same time I invited people with gripes against him to email me with the details.
A well known AA vigilante wrote me that the guy in question is a well known scumbag and that people are afraid of him.
3 hours before the 10 day ultimatum was up I received an email saying that the schematic was sent out to me.
About 2-4 years later I ordered a power transformer from the same guy that weighed over 20 lbs.
It was sent out to me via USPS international airmail wrapped ONLY IN NEWSPAPER.it arrived completely twisted and bent,but fortinately a friend was able to hammer it back into shape and it worked.
I never wrote to him about his special packing,there was no point.
I am quite sure that the packing was retribution for the schematic story.

Any other juicy stories?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Biggest scumbag running an audio company? - r17 00:34:47 01/29/10 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.