Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Received this e-mail yesterday. Is it a scam? I don't have a Visa card, but I do have a Mastercard:

Dear Visa Cardholder,

Continuous Monitoring is an integral part of Visa's multiple layers of security. In addition to other fraud monitoring tools, we can often spot fraud based upon transactions on the card that are outside of cardholders typical purchasing pattern.
This allows us to spot fraudulent activity as quickly as possible and acts as an early-warning system to identify fraudulent activity.

During a recent checkout we detected suspicious activity and your Visa card may have been compromised. Fraudulent activity made it necessary to limit your card for online services.
Your Case ID Number is: RT87R7ER8R8D
Conform to our security requirements and in order to continue online services with your card, we must validate your identity.

Please click here to verify your identity

Visa takes online security very seriously so that you can shop safely on the Internet. As part of our commitment to fighting fraud we have the right to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of the terms and conditions for using Visa.

Sincerely,
Visa Customer Service.

© Copyright 2001-2009, Visa All Rights Reserved.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Received this e-mail yesterday. Is it a scam? I don't have a Visa card, but I do have a Mastercard: - sherod 16:19:29 11/19/09 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.