Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Some questions about your interesting and helpful (if somewhat inflammatory!) post

The dealer would sell to JB/MSS out the back door long before he/she would accommodate a regular customer in such a manner. The customer would then be expecting this dealer to accommodate them ALL the time. None worse than 'philes to cry poormouth and shave pennies off high-dollar items they'll always tell you that they "can't afford", or "shouldn't be buying". I've heard this line so many times if I were paid for hearing it I'd never have to sell another used piece, as I would already have all the money I could ever use.

Common sense would say the dealer reward a loyal customer by tossing him or her a bone now and then, however it does not happen much.

I make no excuses for my plain talk in my original post. I call them as I see them, and am not politically correct.

Best,

otari :-)

My mother-in-law, after seeing the Levinson 33H amps in my listening room: "Those are the nicest electric room heaters I've ever seen".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Some questions about your interesting and helpful (if somewhat inflammatory!) post - otari 09:38:04 11/16/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.