Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Buyer Beware: MSS Hifi

I will risk the Wrath of Massimo and respond to this thread from a manufacturer's perspective.

Any dealer who advertises goods for sale as "new" or "as new", but removes or defaces their serial numbers, may be suspected of reselling used, stolen, or gray market goods. Manufacturers do not support such dealers and will not service such products in or out of warranty.

MSS Hifi's offering a "house warranty" of so many years is of no consequence if OEM parts are not available to them. Therefore, the risk to the buyer, who may well end up with nonfunctional, counterfeit or unservicable gear, is very great.

Regardless of pricing offered to a potential customer, no one should do business with such a dealership. In my experience, the sales claims ($10M??)he makes are unsubstantiated and likely untrue. Given the man's criminal record (for particularly unsavory crimes), a simple "caveat emptor" is insufficient.

I would just say "no".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Buyer Beware: MSS Hifi - Brian Cheney 19:08:49 11/10/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.