Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Paypal, if you recive a payment can it go wrong?

Great question. Recently I was ripped-off along with 15 other Audiogon Bidders on a bogus Dutch Auction for (15) Denon DL-160 Cartridges.

Seller has my $91.01 and I never received the item.

Seller's Audiogon account was closed and his e-mail does not work.

This is the response I received from Paypal... Seller has my money.

You be the judge, from what Paypal says, the risk is on the buyer's side 100%. I don't feel the confidence using Paypal any longer.

But then again, aren't we simply "Dust in the Wind" to Paypal ?

A a $5000 preamp loss would be another matter, but the outcome tragically similar I must assume.

------------------------------------
Hello Richard Sherman,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.

Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.
------------------------------------

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Paypal, if you recive a payment can it go wrong? - shermanr@prw.net 09:01:08 10/06/09 (2)
    • Ouch! - GTShelby350 10:54:55 10/06/09 (1)
      • RE: Ouch! - shermanr@prw.net 12:39:21 10/06/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.