Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

James Dudley, Sacramento, CA

I bought a 9/10 Wadia 850 CD player from James. It arrived all beat up and DOA. So I let him know and contacted UPS. Same old drill right? Wrong. In situations like this communication is key. When you send an e-mail to the seller and they don't reply for days, and the reply contains no information as requested it's frustrating. At first he said that he would not refund my money until UPS settled for damages. After 2 weeks of my pestering him that the shipping damage was between him and UPS and not my problem he finally agreed to refund my purchase price asap. By the end of the week. Well that week went by. Then it was going to be by the end of the next week. Another week went by. I filed a dispute with PayPal. They replied in 2 days that since this was not an EBay purchase I had no fraud coverage. Case Closed. So I called my Credit Card company. They nailed PayPal with a chargeback and that reopened my dispute. In the meantime, James was ignoring my e-mails asking him where the payment was. Another week went by and I received an e-mail from him saying that he had cut me a check through Quickbooks and I'd receive it soon. My credit card company took the money back from PayPal and credited my account - case closed. In the meantime I get an e-mail from James saying he received an e-mail from PayPal saying that based on all of the evidence they could not dispute the chargeback and that the money plus a service fee had been taken from his account. "What a fiasco, eh?" is all he had to say for himself. Oh, and that I should return the check when I receive it. Well that was over a week ago. NO CHECK (no surprise).

I left negative feedback for him on AUdiogon. It'll probably never see the light of day and so that it why I am writing about this experience here. Thank Goodness I just played by the rules and bided my time and let the process play itself out. And THANK GOODNESS I paid with my credit card.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - James Dudley, Sacramento, CA - Maprik 00:18:00 04/19/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.