Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Strange deal with a Chinese company

I ordered an amplifier directly from a Chinese company. Everything started very nice, the seller (sales manager?) described the product, answered my questions, gave a discount, etc. The EMS shipment alone was $270.0, but it was OK for me since the amp itself was relatively cheap.

Last Saturday I made two bank transfers, but on Monday I received a mail from the seller saying that the money arrived but she could not receive it because I "did not indicate the Beneficiary correctly". She said she would return the money but since her bank would charge me $30 for that, she asked me to send the money via WU and to retain this $30. I made the transfer but decided to split $30 between me and the company ($18 to me and $12 to her).

Today I received a call from my bank. They said they received a notice from the Chinese bank but their charge for return of my two payments is $80.0 ($40.0 for each payment)! In addition, I cannot receive this money because it remains blocked somewhere because the Chinese bank did not indicate the recipient (i.e. me).

I contacted the seller before that but she said her bank operator was not going to change the data - she returned the mone, that's all.

To sum it up, as a result of this transaction, I lost $110.0 ($80.0 as the Chinese bank's fee + $30.0 as my bank's charge for my initial payment.
As a result of this transaction, the seller received the money transferred via WU but I cannot receive the refund which has been reduced by $80 due to the Chinese bank's policy or whatever.

According to EMS, the amp is still in China and I do not know what the outcome of it will be.

I will appreciate any recommendations and opinions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Strange deal with a Chinese company - akolegov@mtu-net.ru 08:51:13 03/06/09 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.