Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Ebay experts, a question

Twice now I have purchased a relatively inexpensive item from the same seller on ebay. Both items had a buy it now price and a starting bid listed for about 10 dollars below the BIN price.
No bids so I wait for the last couple minutes of the auctions in both cases and place a bid about midway between the opening bid and the BIN price to save a few bucks. In both cases, I win the item but there is one other bidder that bids after me for the exact same amount as my max bid thus driving the price up to my max bid.
Coincidence? Somehow I think not. It was a different bidder each time that bid after me but the same seller. Because I was the first bidder and another bidder bid the same amount after me, I win the items. What do you think? ... coincidence? or can somebody related to the seller (or the seller himself) somehow find out what I bid or use a proxy bidding service that somehow knows what I bid and then matches my max bid to drive up the price?

Hope that makes sense ... anyone know whats up?

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Ebay experts, a question - Laudanum 07:40:19 08/18/05 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.