Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

A new ebay-scam email, at least for me

This one came in the form of a "Message from Ebay Member". It looked completely legit in terms of layout, spelling, etc., none of the obvious language or grammar screw-ups often found on scam emails from these scum-swilling insects.

The message was the following:

"Question from mika485
What happend with my item. I have paid for it. Let me know asap or i
will have to report you to eBay.

To view the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6740384150

Regards,
Mika.
Respond to this question in My Messages. "

Okay...I haven't sold anything on ebay for some months and I'm sure I had nothing to do with this, but I checked the link to the transaction. There really was such a transaction for a computer sold last February! And not to this "Mika485" character. I searched for the member and, indeed, "Mika485" is an ebay member registered LAST MONTH. Hence, hard for old Mika to have bid on an auction last February.

In any event, this had nothing to do with me and I suppose by clicking on the provided link I would have been directed to a scam website. I did forward this to ebay with the complete header and they confirmed this to be a fake communication.

Nevertheless, they had the template down or well stolen and both the item auction and user name do exist.

Would love to load these people up in convertibles in Baghdad with signs that read "Senior Coalition Advisors" and drive them around using remote control.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.