Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Bose lifestyle systems on Ebay

Please no flames because it's a Bose system. This is for my non-technical retirement aged parents who wanta simple to operate home theater!! If you go to Ebay and do a search of Bose's Lifestyle 48 (their top of the line system) there's the usual private parties selling the unit in it's box. The units retail for around 3 grand US and go for about 70- 80% of that value on Ebay......now here's where my suspicion comes in....there are several guys (all coincidentally in purple highliting using almost the exact same format and wording) claiming to sell it for under a grand but you need to email them with your email address to get inon their "private" bidder's list. One of them claims to live in my home town, so I popped him off an email stating that I lived in his town, would be interested in purchasing the unit at his "buy now" price and would like to pick the goods up to save on freight. I gave him my alternate web based email address and as of yet, have not heard back from him! Is this a scam? Is he just out to build a spam list...anyone else have any experience with this kind of offer?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Bose lifestyle systems on Ebay - agram 21:20:16 06/29/05 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.