Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Alert!! Fraudulent German Vendor Lothar Ahrens

I bought from Ahrens 3 years ago a bunch of 801A. Then it was a pleasure to deal with him - excellent stuff, price you can dream of, good communication, fast & smooth transaction altogether. I also talked with him over a phone few times and it was interesting exchange of experiences and views.

I tried to contact him several of month ago and the picture was completely different - no reply to any of my email, phone alwyas dead or answering machine. When I finally managed to reach him in some instatnt of pure luck he didnt sound like he was interested in selling anything, staed some ridiculous price for what I was looking for and when I tried to object I got the feeling I should rather back off. What you describe can be unfortunately the effect of his degradation...big pitty; he seemd to be a good dealer few years ago, but now the economical situation in Germany is getting rather hard, so people resort to this sort of behaviour more often.

Best,
N-set

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.