Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

PC on AA

I have no problem with native american, I have a problem with being forced to ONLY use the term native american.

I THOUGHT we had freedom of speech here..... :^ )

Etymology is fine, but since I am actually a period woodworker by trade who specializes in PA "German" things, I hear that one ALL the time. It's become an annoying factoid the ignorant have embraced and they can't wait to parade around to people that they know the dutch really weren't dutch, they're germans and the english were too stupid to know deitsche meant german etc.... If I had a nickle... and if I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out too... :^ ) That's why it sets me off.

African American huh? I can think of a few but I'd better not say them.

I think we should all just try to be "Americans" first and foremost and worry about the geneology over cocktails.

Yes, with my wife it's salt. You never saw such a thing! She doesn't put salt on things, she has things to put on her salt. Her mothers mother was like that so they say. (lived to be like 90 too) I figure she's just pickling herself, and she wouldn't be doing it if her body didn't tell her it wanted it. She hardly drinks either.

Ha ha, LOL! You are a dutchman. You dutchified that last sentence without even trying. And "yet" many of them....

So what kind of gear do you boys have up in Schnecksville?

My post is all.

It's all about the music...

Edits: 30/51/01

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • PC on AA - Peter Gunn 07:26:57 04/28/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.