Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

I get it, I GET it

You're right, and I don't even get the paper daily anyway so my chances of seeing a reply were slim. I only posted it because most people might not follow thru like those buyers did feeling it won't pay off, and I wanted to show that sometimes it does.

Ain't choo dat Bob Rex wot lives in Schnecksville once? Vy, den you is a Dutch audio-fiffle! Dats wonderful good.

My wife is half Bavarian, and half Swiss. I'm all Polish.

Yes, yes , yes, I understand german, I had 3 years of it in high school and I know what Deitsche means. What you and everyone else must remember, is "facts" don't mirror reality. Your and my wives ancestors were called "dutch" for 3 centuries by "dem enklisch". It was an error that became fact. They ARE the PA dutch, THEY call themselves PA dutch because it's what they've been called for 300 years.

Yes, it is gramatically incorrect, but it is historically accurate. I don't like that one group of people suddenly decides history is going to be "made right" and change the entire thing. Should we stop calling indians indians too? That was Columbuss' mistake, there are no indians here. You see what I'm driving at?

People are stupid, we make mistakes and those mistakes creep into our culture. I don't think they should be eradicated to simply make the world "tidy" and PC.

It's all about the music...

Edits: 30/40/01

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I get it, I GET it - Peter Gunn 12:57:58 04/26/05 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.