Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

No policy swing………..

........…. I re-read what I wrote last week and probably some clarification is needed.

In your scenario last week I was actually concerned that good honest people can feel “helpless” and “ignored by the authorities” that they felt the need to take matters into their own hands

I absolutely in no way have any sympathies for the criminals. I get concerned that when people do take matters into their own hands that it is them that will feel the wrath of the law and not the scumbag criminal.

Last week I said \\\ It is unfortunate that your idea actually has merit…../// what I meant by that was it is unfortunate that people need to do and consider taking drastic action because they are let down by law enforcement.

Also I said \\\ It is little wonder that vigilante retribution can actually seem like a good idea/// what I meant by that is retribution only occurs because the victoms of crime often feel that the criminal with get away with it and no other course of action is open to the honest people other than to deal with it themselves. The only reason I don’t advocate people-power retribution is that it is often the good honest people who will get punished for their actions and not the criminal.

You say \\\ You buy an amp from someone for 3 grand. He takes the money, never sends the amp. His just desserts are?/// All I can say Peter is that it would be a brave sole indeed who did not wish to pay me. Also, I would not spend 3k without knowing who and where the guy lived/worked etc.

So I hope that has clarified that I am NOT a bleeding heart for the crims.
FWIW I believe in the death penalty for major crimes.

Smile

Sox

Edits: 20/50/01

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.