Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Ebay condones the selling of stolen merchandise, as long as they get their cut.

I was ripped off on a serial numbered box record set on Ebay. I sent the money order and the seller just disappeared and I never got my goods. Eight months later, I'm perusing Ebay for a similar box set, and what do I find? The exact box that I got ripped off for, with the same serial number, up for sale under a different user name from the same geographical area as the first seller that ripped me off. I notified Ebay with a copy of the auction from eight months prior that I saved on my drive which included the serial number in the description. Within an hour, the auction was taken down. Within a day it was back up again!

Unbelievable but true. Buyer beware, Ebay is a cesspool of criminals fencing stolen goods with complicit management. I emailed Ebay again threatening to include them in my lawsuit and the auction remained up and I received form letters going on about the privacy of the criminals and they wouldn't do anything for me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.