Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: International Fraud Orders - Dealers & Consumers

Education will help stop people from falling prey to these hucksters. To my way of thinking, it will take more than that to stop the hucksters.

I posted a pair of speakers for $175 on a Canadian forum. The only reply was from a scammer. I decided that the less time he had to con people, the better, so I felt it was my duty to waste his time as much as possible. He mailed me a check for $4,500 supposedly from a company in Toronto, although it was postmarked in Holland. His address for me to send the balance of the money (by Western Union wire transfer, of course) was in Nigeria. And he would send his shipper to pick up the speakers as soon as I transferred the balance of funds. Will, he finally gave up on me after about two months and 40 or 50 eamils. From my perspective, mission accomplished - I wasted his time.

To protect myself, I gave him a fictitious name and a post office box to mail his check to. It wasn't an eBay auction, so there was no dange of receiveing negative feedback.

Edits: 90/72/00 90/72/00

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: International Fraud Orders - Dealers & Consumers - goofytwoshoes 09:12:35 03/21/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.