Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Nigeria buyer using Bidpay for scam

I just got the Nigerian scam, too. It was on Audiogon. I think they have raised it to a new level now, though. He wanted it picked up the next morning by FedEx, because he wanted to present the item to his "club" the next weekend. I told him to cancel the pickup and I would deliver it myself to FedEx drop-off when I got the second email from Bid Pay.

Well, both emails from Bid Pay came simultaneously. That has never happened to me before. Plus, there were grammatical errors and no html or links to the Bid Pay site. They looked fake.

I checked my checking account for the deposit from Bid Pay and there was nothing there. Then, I checked Bid Pay and there was no record of a transaction. So, now they are forging Bid Pay emails and not even bothering with initiating a Bid Pay payment.

What I don't understand is that he wanted it shipped FedEx Priority to Nigeria. The cost of this must be quite high...at least $150.00, I would think, for a 30 lb. item worth only $200. What if I shipped him a box of rocks? He probably has a bogus FedEx account, too.

His emails came from a nyc.com and a yahoo.com address. He used them interchangeably.

Edits: 70/82/00 70/82/00

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Nigeria buyer using Bidpay for scam - Steve M. 05:36:13 02/16/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.