Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Nigeria buyer using Bidpay for scam

I had a Nigerian buyer who was using the Bidpay to scam unsuspecting sellers. He used the Bidpay system where Bidpay sends initial payment confirmation to ask me to send the item I am selling right away. He had the Fedex come to pick up the item right away before I receive the money order. Bidpay states that it is safe to send the item after the second payment confirmation email stating that the payment is on its way to me. This buyer demanded shipment before the second confirmation email was sent to me from Bidpay. When I insisted that he wait until the second confirmation email is received by me from Bidpay, he threatened to rescind his payment to Bidpay and change his mind. When I persisted, I never heard from him again. This is a scam. Sellers beware.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Nigeria buyer using Bidpay for scam - howardarbutus@yahoo.com 11:05:49 12/08/04 (16)

You can not post to an archived thread.