Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Strongly Disagree

> From your reply I take it that you sell on ebay...

Eso:

I have been on eBay since 1997. I do mostly selling, but some buying as well. We could go back and forth on this topic all day and not really settle anything. As unfair as it may be, here are a couple of facts as I see them:

1. You can do everything "right" as a buyer, but can't make a seller give you a positive feedback.

2. You can do everything "right" as a buyer, but can't prevent a seller from leaving you a negative feedback.

3. With very few exceptions, your feedback rating is only important as a seller.

So, how do you deal with the three rules above? The answer is very simple. Have separate buying and selling IDs. This way you can keep a perfect feedback record as a seller and not worry about retaliatory feedback as buyer (which is what happened to you). The only downside to this is that you can't build up a feedback rating to single ID, from both buying and selling activities. I think the benefit outweighs the downside.

Gerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.