Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

CELIA Audiogon member scam artist

round two. I had originally wanted to purchase a Garrard table from her in July. Took quite awhile and finally I received my funds back. Obviously, I did not leave well enough alone.

She advertised a Garrard table in Dec. Since she had refunded me the money, I thought I could take a chance. The table in the picture was not the one I had offered to buy in July. It was in great condition. Had an SME 3009 arm in great shape and a gorgeous plinth/ base. She indicated she still had the table and I could buy it for the same price.
She had rated it an 8 and the picture in the ad in July clearly showed a table that was an 8 possibly a 9.

I got the table last week. Instead of a table that was an 8, it's a 3 or 4.
- motor was seized
- table itself is corroded and pitted beyond repair
- all the insides are extremely rusted
- bolt by the motor is bent
- platter is corroded beyond repair
- gouges out of the plinth/ base
- holes in the base that are in plain view when the table is assembled
I could keep going. I asked for a refund. I took it to a tech and he unjammed the flywheel, but it will require further repairs/adjustments. She has refused to refund stating I should stop crying and tried to justify the cost for this piece of junk.

I had lodged dispute with Audiogon and found in my favour as I kept a copy of the July ad and the pictures she had in it.

She is still emailing audiogon telling them I'm a liar and justifyng to them the table is still worth the money. She just doesn't get it that if you advertise as an 8, you send the item in the condition you advertise.

Anyway, I gladly accept all the emails/ threads telling me I'm an idiot for jumping in again. I agree. I am the eternal optimist and I took a chance that since she sent me my funds back before that I could trust her. Obviously, she can not.

I would suspect she will be suspended from Audiogon. I don't hold out hope of getting my funds back.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - CELIA Audiogon member scam artist - mitcho 17:27:41 02/14/06 (10)

You can not post to an archived thread.