Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

NEW EBAY 2ND CHANCE OFFER SCAM

Here is a new scam that just happened to me as a seller on EBay. Neither I nor my "2nd chance buyer" lost any money but many of you might be subject to the same scam so please read.

I was selling a laptop on EBay, it was bid up to over $1400.00

1. Buyer emails, wants western union payment, then further emails indicate shipping to Nigeria with weird postal collection terms.

2. This is obviously a scam, I tell scam buyer that ad stated (a) US and Canada only, (2) paypal or money order only, etc..... Tell him hey about time I got the Nigerian scam, I'm telling ebay and the cops about you.

3. I email next highest bidder for 2nd chance offer, he accepts.

4. within seconds of my email to scam Nigerian buyer the scam buyer sends the 2nd highest bidder a fake "2nd chance offer" pretending to be me! I think as a winner he would have access to the identity of the bidders, so he is trying to scam the bidders into paying him.

5. 2nd chance bidder that I had already emailed replies to scammer- "I already paid" and tells me about it, so we figure it out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - NEW EBAY 2ND CHANCE OFFER SCAM - Eric_Cartman 11:05:23 02/03/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.