Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Urgent e-bay Question!

I'm about to complete a transaction for an amplifier I am getting on ebay, the seller is located here in the US and has 553 feedbacks, only one negative, stretching back to 2000 (99.6% positive), but for non-audio stuff, mostly memorabilia and textile goods. The owner is located in the U.K., but the seller doesn't have much knowledge of audio gear at all, just that it's in 'near new' condition and works perfectly. This is a 'Second Chance' offer, meaning that the winner couldn't or didn't pay, and I was the second highest bidder. Its a great price on the amplifier. The thing that makes me wonder is that the payment is supposed to be in Western Union money transfer...I remember hearing that this was a red flag in ebay purchases. Ebay offers 'purchase protection', and I can send the amp back for full refund within 5 days...the seller has $6,000 in their purchase protection account, so it would seem that there is no way I could really lose. Do I have cause for concern? Thanks to any who can provide advice!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Urgent e-bay Question! - srayle 17:17:03 01/30/06 (25)

You can not post to an archived thread.