Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

American Theatre Systems, you wont believe this one...

Ok guys, I know many of you have had questionable experiences with American Theatre systems. I think that I have a story that may be able to top at least a few of them. No, it doesn’t involve not getting the product that I ordered, and no, it does not involve back charging my credit card. This is merely something that I found strange and very, well, unprofessional. Here’s the story, I had ordered a pre-amp (which I have received in perfect condition.) from them a couple of weeks ago. I was up pretty late working and typing a few memos for my 8 business meetings the next day. It was 2:00 AM and I was about to go to bed, but I figured I better just call American Theatre to leave a message on their machine and tell them that I had sent payment for my pre-amp. So I called, and much to my surprise someone picked up, the first time he said "home theatre" and then hung up. The second time I called back I was greeted with the Garry Coleman soundboard from http://www.ebaumsworld.com/soundboards.shtml (these sound boards are used to make prank calls). So, as you would imagine I was a little confused, actually I was very confused. It wasn’t until after I threatened to cancel my paypal transaction that someone actually picked up the phone and said "SIR, I greatly apologize I thought that you were one of my installers calling." Yeah right, no legitimate theatre company installs their products at 2:00 in the morning; if they did they wouldn’t have any clients. So I then asked him if American theatre is a legitimate business his reply, "oh yeah, we have been in business for 26 years (on the website it says 27) we have our financial dept upstairs, 3 show rooms, and a warehouse with all of our products." When I received my package on the side of it was a return address that said "state street discount.” This means that they drop shipped from state street discount. This also means that they most likely don’t have a show room or a warehouse. The only thing that they have to brag about is their, most likely, 2 person financial department. So the moral of the story is, be careful, even though I had received my product in prefect condition doesn’t mean that you will. I’m sure that you have already read literature on this company but I am just reinforcing that these people are not honest.
Thanks,
Hope this helps someone

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - American Theatre Systems, you wont believe this one... - Anon 09:08:14 01/29/06 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.