Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Audioweb is indeed a cesspool..

Although luckily it seems to be breaking down as I have had trouble locating the scam listing that was there just a couple days ago.
I can't imagine that anyone with a brain would want to buy that URL.

A couple days ago I went surfing for what i expected to be high prices and outdated listings for a Marantz 8B.

Found one on Audioweb.. i didn't even now until an audio acquantance emailed me back, that it was in such a state of lawlessness.

Classic, "too good to be true" fish. $1000.00 pristine shape, seller sounded like he was in the states -- sure he was, when he wrote the original listing.. scam seller didn't even bother to reword at all.

Sent an email about the availability for the heck of it as it was a new listing.

As you can imagine, the email was in pigeon English and the unit had just been transported to the seller's new store in Indonesia.

25 - 50% down payment via intl. wire transfer was all that was required..blah..blah..blah..

I can't imagine that anyone would be dumb enough to fall for this, but they must catch a few in their sleazy net.

I'm a big 1st Ammendment supporter, but the Wild West that is the online economic community needs some Wyatt Earp action in the worst way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Audioweb is indeed a cesspool.. - marc-homeslice 11:44:53 12/28/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.