Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

sonicconnoisseur on eBay

Beware of sonicconnoisseur who sells on eBay. He's actually Josef Riediger of Audio Connection and Advance Audio Australia in Sydney. He's flogging stuff traded-in at Audio Connections. Now as a high end dealer (www.audioconnection.com.au and www.advanceaudio.com.au) you would assume he'd know how to pack he sells on eBay. Think again. I won a pair of Delta loudspeakers on eBay. Paid for courier as well, shipped to Melbourne from Sydney.

First he sends to the home address when I specifically asked for a business address. Next wrap one speaker completely in the bubble wrap only. The small bubbles at that. Wrap the other speaker partially in bubble wrap - partially over the drivers only. A fold of bubble wrap on the top and a piece of cardboard on top of that.

Result - small chips to the cabinet (painted over no by myself) but worse two dome tweeters pushed in! Managed to pop them out but there is visible deformation to the domes. Have raised matter with Josef but will probably wait for ever for his response.

Did I tell you, he is poor at communicating with winning bids as well.

Sigh

Paul Rozario

PS - Have a Happy Christmas

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - sonicconnoisseur on eBay - phr 15:41:09 12/22/05 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.