Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

I got hijacked two weeks ago. 132 adds appeared on my account

If it wasn't for a flood of E-mails asking questions about the gear for sale on E-Bay, I never would have known. This is how the hijacking happened.

First, I've never been successfully phished. But them sonsofbitches finally got me.

I get an e-mail shortly after I ran an E-Bay add for an amp. I withdrew the add the same day. I F'd up. It was defective. Anyway, the E-mail asks how much is shipping to 90201. Its got all the E-bay logos on it, and a link to "my messages". I hit the linky, and it gives me the E-Bay "sign in" prompt screen. Or so I thought. I sign in my handle and password, hit enter, and a blank screen comes up. Hmmm. No My Messages page. I hit back and sign in again, and again...Never got thru. I'm worried that the prospective buyer isn't getting my message that I'm gonna withdraw the add, not even thinking about having been hijacked. Of course, the next day I start getting flooded w/E-mails asking about dozens and dozens of sales under my handle. I go to My E-Bay and see 132 items being sold! And they're 24 hour sales!

I informed E-Bay and they quickly TKO'd them all. But what a f'ing hassle. He would have sold all of that crap (actually adds for hi end gear), as the had no reserves, collected $$ and of course, not shipped, and I get hung with the feedback and fees.

I'll repeat the mantra, Always look to see that yer NAME is on the E-Mail from E-Bay, Paypal, etc..
----------------------------------------------------------

"Do I have to spell it out?

C --- H ---- E ---E ---- S --- E

A --- N --- D

O ---- N ---- I ---- O ---- N ---- S"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.