Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Watch For Ron (ronslam@netspace.net.au) On Audiogon

I wanted to let everyone know that they should take care when dealing with Ron (ronslam@netspace.net.au)on Audiogon.

Ron and I exchanged 3 emails in regards to his buying my remaining NOS pair of Siemens "chrome-plate" ECC82 tubes. He finally stated to me "I'd be happy to buy the best of your remaining pairs of tubes." I then reiterated to Ron that ONLY set #4 was still available and I would mark them SALE PENDING!

Well after I marked them SALE PENDING I recieve another email in which he claimed he "doesn't want to commit to buying such a poorly matched set of tubes" as if A) He hadn't already commited by saying "I'd be happy to buy the best of your remaining pairs of tubes." and B) as if Siemens NOS "chrome-plate" ECC82 are poorly matched, with this readings Tube One 21.0/19.0 & Tube Two 20.0/19.0

Those readings, which I labeled from the beginning, are a close but not perfect match! I'd hardly call them "poorly matched" at any rate. His whole attitude was non–chalant and telling me I shouldn't care (even though in between his commiting to buy and saying he won't commit to buy I lost 2 prospective buyers who now aren't interested)

Just be careful when dealing with him. I certainly personally won't ever sell ANYTHING to him again and if you decide to, don't mark your item SALE PENDING, because he'll probably change his mind and then bad-mouth your product in order to defend his indecisveiness.

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Watch For Ron (ronslam@netspace.net.au) On Audiogon - thetubeguy1954 09:59:52 12/14/05 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.