Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: I just heard from her!

I am the over zealous person that she refers to. I had originally sent a money order to her on Aug 11, 2005. It was supposedly lost and I over nighted the funds to her. She immediately cashed the money order and then told me she needed to hold the table for an additional three weeks to ensure it came back.
I work in a bank and knew I could do nothing to the money order and advised her of same. I gave her links to banks etc. who would verify I could not do anything. I waited a week and a half and then filed dispute with audiogon.
Audiogon reviewed the dispute and told her to ship the table to me within 48 hours. She did not do it and pointedly indicated she would not ship it yet and defied Audiogon. Audiogon gave her another chance and advised she would be suspended unless she shipped it. She did not and was suspended. Even then, she waited and had my funds for a month before she attempted to ship the item.
She took it to DHL and however she declared the table, caused the Peruvian Government to hold the table until they could open the box and look at it. That went on for an additional couple of weeks. I told her to take the table and give me the funds back. That took another week. She would not refund until she got the table from DHL.
All in all, it was over 3 months before I got my funds back. In the process, I lost over $200- telephone calls, loss on foreign exchange, postage, overnight costs etc.
I told Audiogon that I received the funds and they reinstated her within a couple of hours.
I had submitted negative feedback, but I am unsure what happened as it has never been posted against her acct.
Well, when you are out about $750 you might get a little antsy after 3 months and nothing to show for it. Just call me overzealous.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.