Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Just had a similar situation with a speaker repair company

that quoted me for a fortnights turnaround on a recone that subsequently dragged into 3 months of emails, faxes, phonecalls and frustration
Eventually I contacted the consumer affairs department of the State this company was in, and supplied them with copies of all correspondence between us; they called him up and asked for his side of the story
He had my speaker back to me within 10 days; the complaint cost me nothing
Arriving with the Sheriff is an option after you have succeeded in a small claims Court action, which requires you, and him, to appear at a hearing in front of a judge
There is a small filing fee to get this moving
If he doesn't turn up for the Court date, you win by default, go get the Sheriff with the Court order in hand and you can both go pay him a visit, but this may be a last resort if a consumer affairs complaint has failed If he's a business, contacting them would be my 1st move
You can fill out forms online to get this happening; I've included a link for a State of California small claims Court action procedure + consumer affairs FYI, a websearch will find the info for other States

Don't risk your safety if you think he might be dangerous ( ! ) there are other viable options and it's not worth the risk

Good Luck!

Grins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.