Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Miscelaneous Polarity Issues

A substantial portion if not most PBS music, is broadcast out of absolute polarity. It may be worth checking out other commercial music broadcast sources including television.

Here’s an update regarding the possible reasons that most CD, SACD, and DVD players (95 to 99%) play laser read media out of absolute polarity. Previously, I stated that it’s very likely that the analog to digital conversion of the analog eye pattern of the disc’s digital data is inverted and now I’m adding that a data inversion may also be caused by the digital rate converter. If either the analog to digital converter or the sample rate converter inverts polarity but not both, and the component’s designer maintains the electrical polarity of the data stream through the player’s outputs (per AES protocols because they aren’t aware that the data stream is inverted) that might help explain why the relative polarity distribution of CD playback isn’t 50-50.

George S. Louis, Perfect Polarity Punditâ„¢

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Miscelaneous Polarity Issues - georgelouis 19:51:33 12/30/06 (33)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.