Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Item not received and dispute question

There are many pertinent questions that you need to first address. Did you contact the seller prior to contacting your credit card issuer for the chargeback? Was the package sent with any sort of tracking or insurance? If so, have you tracked the package with the courier? If not, was tracking or insurance offered? Does the seller have explicit policies about which party assumes risks? How long have you waited for this package (mail from Canada can take up to 6-7 weeks IME)?

To answer your question, chances are the seller has little reasonable recourse. He likely won't follow through all the way to litigation unless it's a high value transaction; he'll find out it's simply not worth the time and money, especially if it's an international dispute. But if this is an honest seller and something occurred which was beyond his control, you've effectively effectively screwed him over for no just cause. Like I said, too many details omitted.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.