Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Ebay Phish

If you use Internet Exploder browser and you click on one of those suspicious links, even though you did not commit to any information and such, your "presence" has been successfully sent and acknowledged by the phishers already (it's already scripted inside their links).

Even though you did not open any of the attachments, you are already being sold down the river by your IE browser.

I would take on a pre-emptive measure by using a clean, safe (there are scanners out there that checks for browser and spyware/adwares on your PC that would have cause information "leaks" to the internet)browser, access your eBay account and make changes to your password, paypal information, etc. and then keep the information safe.

From this point onwards, anything that comes along via email (phishing), you shall treat them with utmost suspicion (just close the email and not to touch on anything). Always check/verify against your actual Paypal/eBay account and whenever in doubt, always forward the suspicious email(s) to "spoof@ebay.com" for verifications.

Quest-TD

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Ebay Phish - Quest 09:16:55 07/07/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.