Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Personally, I don't think

dealing with home-based audio gear seller should be too much of a problem, citing the following:

(1)not many ambitious startup business has the money to go outside instantly and rent a 2ksqr ft showroom and throw in all the gears and setups and be able to sustain such business model (given the expense these days).

(2)so long as the seller has a good reputation, does it really matter whether he has 0 or very limited inventory in stock? (remember: keeping inventory esp. audio gears in your garage tends to run up the seller's $$$)

Ultimately, the bottomline has to do with the markup the seller is setting and the inventory turnaound time. If the markup is reasonable with good inventory turnaround time(goods delivered on time) then these sellers should be of no difference than regular showroom dealerships.

The difference would be in the pricing of the gear and the level of service you want. If you want to have the satisfaction of a showroom dealer then you have to pay for the extra markup.

Q.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Personally, I don't think - Quest 08:30:03 05/17/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.