Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Mail fraud or Internet fraud, whose authority?

When a seller advertises primarliy on the internet (in this case also used to be at Music Direct, and has had numerous references in audio mags) and cashes your check but, never sends the product, does it come under the authority of the U.S. Post Office? Is it mail fraud since the payment is sent through the mail?
This is in regards to Wally at WAM Engineering. I was stupid enough to send him not one but, two checks. Both of which have been cashed and no product sent. He ignores emails, he always says the products are in stock when called (23 times now), I have even sent him registered mails with photo copies of cancelled checks.
I am not interested in any input about what a nice guy he is to talk to on the phone, or that he has a busy schedule, or any other ancedotes about him from other members here.
I would like to know what authorities I should report him to and if there are others out there that he has bilked.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Mail fraud or Internet fraud, whose authority? - Roadmanager 08:41:16 04/28/06 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.