Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Bad eBay seller

I'd sure like to know. Both speakers arived with the cloth socks having been previously removed, one multiple times from all the staple holes, the felt backing had been removed or fallen off all the panels in one speaker, one panel arced continuously when charged up, snapping and popping all the time and modulating the music when played softly, all the panels snapped and popped with even the slightest amount of bass in the music, and one panel made vibrating sounds when played at moderate volumes. A close look at the membranes shows that they are riddled with arc holes, some as large as 3mm.

I have owned Acoustats since I purchased a pair of model IIs in the early 80s and still own, I worked for an audio dealer and sold them back then as well, and I have never heard a pair that sounded anything like these. I installed the panels from my model IIs into the 1 + 1s and they have been working fine ever since.

According to the seller, they were working absolutely 100% when shipped, and there was no shipping damage except to one of the bases. The speakers WERE packed very well, there was a hole in the box containing the panels but it was in the outer packing layer only. I purchased insurance and the seller says he filed a claim but it was denied for some reason that I was never told. So I paid for good working speakers and insurance, but received defective speakers.

I have been a member of diyAUDIO.com since March 2004 and have been planning on joining the Asylum for a while, posting this warning was the reason I finally got around to it. My eBay ID is Galaxie563 and I have a perfect feedback record from over many years.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bad eBay seller - The Peasant 11:13:50 04/14/06 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.