Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

I recently bid on a Mac tube amp; I was third highest

bidder. I received a Second Chance offer by email and it did not appear on My Ebay. I emailed the second place bidder and he said he didn't receive a Second Chance Offer. I then received an ebay invoice by email and replied back that it was highly suspicious, yada yada yada. I then received an email from a Ciara Jones of ebay Trust or whatever and she assured me all was ok and ebay would protect me, etc. The letter was much better written than the Nigerian gibberish but still had a few telltale signs of fraud. (spelling errors, grammar) I then wrote back and gave them hell and threats, etc.
The important thing to know is that every official correspondence from a seller must come thru ebay or it is trouble, generally. I am fearful there are so many buyers who just don't understand this. Ebay should go out of their way to make this obvious to all members.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - I recently bid on a Mac tube amp; I was third highest - audiogatorjim 19:30:28 04/05/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.