SET Asylum

RE: Ping- drlowmu

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ SET Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Hi,

I use about 24 AWG silver wire, doubled up ( in parallel ) and certainly no longer than TWO inches of lead length from the " hot " tip of the RCA jack ( Vampire, the good ones from Percy ) to the grid of the amp's input tube. Wonder Solder ( Percy ).

There is no way you can add length, or a lesser wire type, or worst of all a switch, to your amp's design. With what you proposed, the amp lost all chance of great fidelity, before the signal even got to the grid of the input tube.

If you have further questions, please contact me directly.

Happy New Year, to all.

Jeff

PS, I added close up, a progress-photo during my recent build - taken Nov 26, 2016. Note the orange colored outer insulation leads, going from RCA jack "hot", to the grid of my "nearby" input tube ( doubled up orange insulation ). That is my run, input jack to input tube.

The Direct couple, from the driver stage to the JJ 2A3-40, is clearly seen also, three lightly twisted about 18 or 19 AWG uninsulated silver wires, plate of the driver tube to the grid of the 2A3. You can not beat a direct couple sonically, many many advantages.

Please look on the Serious Stereo web site, amp section, as to where Dennis Fraker places his RCA jack, in relationship to his driver tube. Much of what I do lately, I learned from Dennis.

Edits: 01/01/17

Follow Ups: