Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Mastersound Reference 845 Amp Repair

Hello All!

A while back I asked if anyone knew of someone that could help me get my Mastersound amp repaired. This 135LB, 40W/ch, SET amp is a monster to try and move. Well please forgive me for forgetting who it is, but one really nice fellow suggested I contact John S. up in Jacksonville. Although it took a while to be able to do so I'm happy to inform those who tried helping me that I finally got a ride from Orlando, FL. up to Jacksonville, FL. yesterday. John S. is one of the nicest people I've met and his audio system, in which, he built the gorgeous preamp and monoblock SET amps, DAC, TT, and completely redid his K-Horns to the point that IMHO they're no longer K-Horns, is the best audio system I've ever heard in terms of a truly realistic rendition of singers and instruments.

As I stated before I dropped my amp off yesterday and by 11:30 PM that same night John was already texting me with the problems he diagnosed with the Mastersound, the type and quality of the ordered parts, and a couple of other things he was going to do to the amp as well to improve its performance. I believe when I get the Mastersound back it will be better and sound better than new, John really is that good! My thanks to all who helped and gave advice. If it wasn't for you folks and especially for John S. I wouldn't be where I am today, i.e., getting my amp fixed that I thought I was going to have to sell for parts...

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

Edits: 04/18/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Mastersound Reference 845 Amp Repair - thetubeguy1954 11:13:44 04/18/21 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.