Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The Korneff 45 was an audio-life changing event for me.

Yes, we were considering moving to Florida in the next few years, but this trip has changed my mind. We used to winter in Florida about 7 years ago, and the change since then is dramatic... Housing prices have skyrocketed and the increased traffic everywhere has cooled the thought of moving. We only wintered there this year because of COVID.. Otherwise we would have went to the West Indies again. We did like the Pedestrian Friendly Brickell area and I was able to meet my Fishing guide in Crandall Park on Biscayne for Great fishing in Biscayne Bay. Love the Cuban Food and the Weather. (And it appears everyone else does too).

As far as your SET Journey, you took a wise shortcut.. I started with a cheap pair off 300b amps that I built (Billies).. Moved on to Welborne 300B Amps, Then Welborne 2A3 Moondogs, then Welborne DRD45 Amps. OK that convinced me that the 45 Amp was where I needed to be, So why not upgrade to the Welborne 45 Star Chiefs (Ultimate 45 Welbornes) -- Stayed there for about 15 years --- Bored with COVID I wanted to see what the Korneff Circuit was all about (Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything).

Where do you live currently in Miami? -- We have a place rented in the Keys next year (Islamorada) --- Maybe they'll open up the West Indies this year and we'll go there instead.

Edits: 03/28/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.