Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: How's the bass

The application note is very interesting " By coating the plate with graphene, rather than carbon, our engineers have improved the 300B's capacity for thermal emissivity and electrical conductivity between the plate and filament. Graphene's single atomic layer adheres to the proprietary, "five-nines" pure nickel alloy of the plate, sustaining a higher vacuum that significantly reduces gas evolution detrimental to tube life over time. In addition to extending tube life, this improvement yields higher average plate current and dramatically reduces the effects of secondary emission."

I am however not so sure if this is all correct. The heat transfer is mostly reduced by the glassbulb, the quality of the glass. The electrical conductivity shouldnot be an issues too.
But the secondairy emmision dos, that is why nickel, molybdeen , graffite where always use as a plate material and grafeen as a new devellopped material is a bonus.
And how the vacuum would be sustained by graffeen? Why?

Btw, I still see blue light in the tube. Probably some free electrons causing a fluorisense effect, hopefully not gas.

Edits: 03/22/21 03/22/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.