Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Same Here

I waited 2 years for my first pair of Rossville re-issue WE 300Bs (see below) and 2 days for the 2nd pair! I received an email last week from WE indicating that they have caught up with pre-orders and now are producing and shipping new 300Bs on demand.

I immediately placed an order and two days later I received this latest pair. Like you, the first thing I noticed was the shiny/silvery coating. I was told that this new coating takes about 200 hours of use to sound its best. I have about 15 hours on them so far.

Mine have the same date codes (2113) as yours. My serial numbers are in the 500 range, how about your pair? I also have a pair of Takasuki 300Bs and feel that they are truly excellent. I won't do any A/B comparisons until I have the 200 hours on the WE 300Bs but I still have an initial impression. I find the Taks to be super transparent and dynamic (the latter is a bit different than your take). The WE 300Bs seem to have that "romantic" beauty that previous generations are known for.

I started a thread on the SET Asylum about a year ago when I received the first consumer pair of Rossville re-issue 300Bs. They did not have the same shiny/silvery coating like this latest pair. They had date codes of 1939.

I wasn't happy that the boxes were open/seals broken when I received them and sold them rather quickly. I figured I would wait until WE got full production up and running to buy another pair. I was surprised to get that email from WE last week.

I too will report back on the Takatsuki vs. latest Rossville WE 300Bs.

Gerry

Edits: 03/17/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.