Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Need Replacement Tamura Power Transformer Sun Audio

Hi,
Just joined the forum. I hope I'm posting in the right place. If not, please advise.
I have a Sun Audio SV300-BE. Recently, the power transformer, a Tamura SPT150-A, burnt out. (This is absolutely the problem.) Ideally, I want to replace this transformer with the same Tamura one, but so far I've had no luck in locating one. I've emailed Sun Audio (Japan) several times, but have had no response. Apparently there is no American distributor (?). I've checked the Tamura and Sun Audio websites, but don't see this particular transformer offered. There are other listed, but I have no idea which one might serve as a replacement. Could someone advise me after looking over the specs on which of these would work? I need one that would "bolt" into the location of the current one if possible as I would like to avoid modifications to amp. I definitely want to stay with a Tamura transformer. I've included two links for consultation. Thanks in advance for the help. Peace, Michael

mfuller490

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Need Replacement Tamura Power Transformer Sun Audio - mfuller21@gmail.com 06:01:46 01/23/20 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.