Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: That's interesting

"Are you sure of that?"

Yes, completely sure.

"You're measuring the total result of all of them combined at one moment in time."

I'm measuring/looking at the result of all of them combined at ANY and ALL points in time.

The result of all of them is all we have, one wave form.

The wire that carries the signal out of your preamp to the power amp contains just one wave form.

That wave form only has only one amplitude at any point in time.

The output of a microphone, even though it is responding to multiply sound sources, with thousands of what you call signals, is just one wave form that has only one amplitude at an given point in time.

I wish I could get into you head and see just what you don't understand about this.

I would then be better at explaining it to you.

Did you read any of the links about complex wave forms?

BTW The wave form above is part of the Cat Stevens song "Sad Lisa"

It is .06 seconds long. It is the left channel. Cat sings "she walks alone from wall to wall". The .6 seconds is part of the word "Alone".

It's just his voice and piano but as you know there are rich harmonic content to both (voice and piano) so there are "thousands of signals" contained in that .06 seconds.

All of those "signals" are mixed together and the wave form you see is the result.

The wave form you see is what your power amp would see when you play this CD into it.

There is no such thing as "thousands of separate signals" for our caps and amps and speakers to deal with all at the same time.

There is just one wave form (one composite signal) for each channel.

I wish there was a way for me to help you understand this.

Understanding this would open up a whole new world for you.

A much simpler, easier to understand world.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.