Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I'm with TK

Hi Trav, if you think about it. It doesn't make sense to get an amp made in China. Besides the quality issues, of which examples are rampant, if you consider all the effort or energy expended to get an amp to you it doesn't make sense. Probably 99% of the raw materials come from the states. Steel and copper and aluminum all recycled from the usa. Then it was remade into the amp. Now, i have nothing against the people who assembled the amp as they are probably just regular gals and guys like us. But one wonders why such a serious quality problem except for those companies that have taken many steps to have quality control reject units that do not meet specifications. So, where do all the rejects go? They are most likely rebadged or redesigned and sold as an economy model. You ever wonder why the Chinese based companies like Douk and Raphaelite always have new models with different chassis and layouts and transformers, etc. In Chinese culture it is anathema to throw away the seconds and slightly defective, unlike western culture. It makes all the cheap chinese stuff very grey market. Supporting the grey market only makes it easier to continue with their unacceptable behavior.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.