Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I'm a relative innocent, so

Unfortunately - you would have to e-mail King to order anything. He's new to this online sales world. I did tell him to try and get his site up and running but he is basically a one man operation. So on the one hand you get a superior product for less than half the price of virtually anything else (because his costs are minimal) but on the other hand the consumer takes more risk buying from a one man operation and over the net. So it's one of those risk reward deals.

For me I live in Hong Kong and I can drop by his shop. So it's in a sense far easier for me to buy in.

Several forumers have taken the leap of faith on the KingKo and their comments are on the linked Forum.

I come from the age where I like to hear everything before I buy. And as a reviewer I was able to do that. I am not generally a risk taker on audio. So the best advice is to be patient. There are ton of tube amps out there and buying a second hand amp can also afford many benefits. Most $2k amps that were new can be found now for $500-$800 as well. And chances are if you buy one of the used ones - the depreciation is already done. In other words if it is now $600 second hand then chances are in three years it will still be $600 so you don't really lose anything on them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.