Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: When you get "Serious" about building SE amplifiers you get ones of these

I have bought one of these XJW01 and I am trying to measure the inductance of my Lundahl Double-C primaries interstage transformer....and I am confused by the results:

When I switch kt on, kt goes into Auto and 1khz measurement frequency and when the primary is connected, kt gives me for a fraction of a second a measurement of above 200H (target:210H for a LL1692AMPP). After that it falls down to about 24H, which is significant lower than expected.

When I press theRNG=Range-Buttom, it shows me again for about a second or so a high valje like 175H before it goes back to 24H.

So, the questions is: What is the correct result ?

You could have the impression that its PSU is not steong enough to deliver enough juice to hold the right measurement or something....Which would not bother me if I would know that the first second shows indeed the right result...

I do not understand why pressing the RNG buttom first gives me a new measurement and than goes back....can you reproduce my findings ?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.