Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: The Chinese Market

I still don't see specific examples. Japan And later Korea was in the same boat in the 70s. Cheap junk. 20 years later they were utterly trouncing the American rubbish which comparatively is still rubbish. It's why the Americans wound up partnering with Mazda and Toyota and Volkswagen so they could learn how to design and build a car that lasted more than 1 year without becoming a paperweight.

And now some of the Kia and Hyundai models are proving to be more rugged.

Some Chinese companies suck. But it's ridiculous to suggest that there could not be a genuine wealthy Chinese audiophile who starts a company from passion and builds a great product. Contrary to popular belief this is not rocket science.

White guys are no more morally or ethically "nice" than anyone else. Take a walk through American businessmen fro Henry Ford to the slime at Theta Data to the man who is against made in China but is happy to sell ties and his daughter's clothing...all made in CHINA!

You are far better off buying Chinese audio from guys who are audiophiles and form their own company than some American sleaze who opens shop in China to save a buck and skirt pollution laws.

Of course I'm not suggesting you buy Chinese. But I know guys who have repaired a Lot of brands over the years and one noted that he had less issues with LM and Melody than he ever had with Rogue, ARC, CJ Jolida, and current McIntosh. Like Japan and Korea it takes but one company to turn the trend.

Having said all that I ultimately prefer the sound of Audio Note, because, in part, they make more parts in their equipment than ANY other hifi company by a monumental landslide. And that's why of all the gear I have purchased from them goes UP in value. I don't know of any other company that can make that claim except for collector stuff like Rogers LS3/5a and the other oddballs. But that is not sought for sound quality. There are people who simply collect the different versions and put them on a shelf as a collector display.

Lastly, with the new guy in charge, the pollution controls will now allow for certain metals to be brought back into use...not just asbestos in homes, so the Americans can now use tons of lead and possibly radioactive metals now. Woo hoo they will be able to compete again. Remember everything science says is wrong for the next 4 years.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.