Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Would these monoblocs be really that good?

I have been following his site for about 3 years. Saw some really stunning stuff in there which motivated me to want to try SET, and particularly Shishido SET (Tango with interstage) - Fine Arts brand has a lovely look to my eye (all business). Strange opportunity cropped up on US Audio Mart right then - guy selling a full, special order Tango transformer set for a Shishido build (120V power xformer) for a song. Jumped on that, built the amp up, and have never looked back. Just a pleasure to listen to every day, and I am still often caught-off guard by the musicality and clarity of the sound.

I realize that music sounds different to everyone, and thus the different offerings for amps and styles. The Shishido, to me, is pure music. A couple of reviews of the WAVAC 805 on the web - take a look at what they think. Not to plant the seed too deep....

regards -- Roger

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Would these monoblocs be really that good? - rogerh113 13:58:29 02/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.