Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Help With Amplifier Selection

Very Simple !!

Truth is, SETs are best used with 98 dB or higher speakers. Anything less in sensitivity is a waste of YOUR time and money. The best bang for the dollar, and possibly the best, most easily available speaker, is a ALTEC ( GPA ) 604 type, or a VOTT type, well implemented.

THEN you can have the GOOD sounding SET amps at your disposal. No need for over three Watts. 89 dB is NOT a SET speaker, FAR better solid state solutions will exist for that .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.